Voice Mail is a service that lets callers leave a voice message for you if you aren't available to answer.
A voice-mail is a system that used for sending, storing and retrieving audio messages, just like an answering machine. Voice-mail systems make a Phone System more flexible and powerful by allowing information and messages to pass between users even when one of them is not present. Voice-mail systems are designed to convey a recorded audio message to a recipient. To do so they contain a user interface to select, play, and manage messages; a delivery method to either play or otherwise deliver the message; and a notification ability to inform the user of a waiting message.
- Automated Attendant
streamlines efficiency, enabling callers to route their own calls and leave messages without assistance.
- Call Routing
sends callers to the specific extension or department they want. Callers can easily find an extension using the directory feature
- Telephone Answering
offers callers the choice of leaving a message, calling another extension, holding, or being transferred to an operator.
- Voice Messaging
creates, sends, receives, forwards, and saves voice messages. Users can easily manage messages by pressing specific keys.
enables callers to play pre-recorded information on demand as directed by audio prompts. Perfect for frequently asked questions.
- Call Screening
requests caller to state their name and company, then announces the calling party by playing the recording to the station user.
- Message Notification
lets users know when a message arrives by any combination of message waiting light, pager, or calling any office or cellular phone.
- It provides twenty-four-hour-a-day answering capability.
- It enhances efficiency and boosts job productivity.
- It saves and generates money for the company.
- It improves the accuracy of message content.
- It enables one to send multiple messages to people.
- t allows messages to be easily updated.
- It reduces the need for administrative/receptionist/secretarial support.
- It serves as an important medium for business communication.
- It makes transferring of phone calls from department to department easier and more efficient.
1.You no longer miss any calls since people will be leaving messages on your voice-mail.You can easily listen to the mat your convenience. Even if you were not able to answer your calls, you will still get your callers
messages and get back to them when you’re free to do so. You may have missed a date with someone, forgot to run an errand you or buy something; listening to your messages can help remind you of your schedules and
keep you in the loop.
2.Your callers will be able to get in touch with you by leaving you a voice-mail message. Instead of calling you over and over again until they get hold of you, they can just leave the message on your voice-mail system on their first try. They can leave their name, business phone number and the purpose of their call for you to listen to at a later time.
3.You can avail of a voice to text feature wherein all your voice messages are transcribed to text and sent to either your email or your mobile phone as a text message. This feature lets you receive the messages right away and allows you to respond to the messages that merit immediate attention.
When to use voice messaging
Voice messaging has become a viable alternative to e-mail and fax systems as a business communicating tool, each of these three methods having specific advantages in different situations.
- (1) If users need to ensure privacy, deliver information quickly, get a quick response, add a personal touch, or send messages quickly, voice messaging is more desirable than e-mail or fax.
- (2) If users need to send information to many persons, outside the company, e-mail is most desirable.
- (3) If users want to edit or attach comments, forward messages to others, send information to many persons outside the company, keep or providing a hard copy, and provide a quick review of information, a combination of voice mail and e-mail is most desirable.
- (4) If users want to keep or provide hard copies of documents and distribute complex, lengthy information, the fax system is most desirable.
- (5) If users want to ensure privacy, edit or attach documents, and distribute complex or lengthy information, a combination of voice and fax systems is desirable.